University of Kansas, Lawrence
Kansas Bachelor of Science (1984)
1995 - Present
Principal Engineer and CEO
Young & Associates, PA
1986 - 1995
1984 - 1986
Moehring & Associates, PA
Copyright 2014 yngpa.com | All Rights Reserved.
Mr. Young serves as President and Principal engineer of the firm. He has over 30 years of
experience in civil engineering design, municipal engineering representation, and project
management. Mr. Young's experience includes the evaluation and planning of land development
and infrastructure projects; the preparation of capital improvement programs; and research and
development for engineering feasibility studies. Mr. Young provides City Engineering representation
for Mulvane and Douglas, KS and has over 25-years of municipal city engineering experience
• Kansas Star Casino Development, Mulvane, KS; served as City Engineer and project oversight
engineer representing the City of Mulvane. This $300 million dollar private/State run gaming resort
required over $12 million in municipal wastewater treatment facility upgrades and more than
5-miles of force main and water main pipeline extensions.
• Water Supply, Storage, and Treatment Design Memorandum, City of Mulvane, KS; performed
design analysis and prepared recommendations for improving the City's water supply system and
established design criteria for constructing the City's first water treatment plant utilizing reverse
• Residential and Commercial Land Development Projects throughout the Wichita-Derby-Sedgwick
County Metropolitan Area.
• Pawnee Avenue, Street and Storm Sewer Improvements, Palisade to Broadway, Wichita, KS;
recipient of the 2007 "Excellence in Paving Design" Kansas/Missouri Chapter of the American
Concrete Pavement Association.
• Over 14-miles of Municipal Water Transmission and Distribution Main Design through the City of
• Medical Facility Site Plan Designs, including Hutchinson's Medical Center, Arkansas City's
Hospital, Wichita Neurology Consultants, and Derby's Mid-America Orthopedic Center.
• KDOT Bicycle and Pedestrian Path Design, including over 14-miles of concrete paths throughout
Derby and Mulvane, KS
• High Park Recreational Facilities Design, including baseball and soccer field complex,
walking/exercise paths, amphitheater, and playgrounds, Derby, KS
• Mills Farm Interceptor Sewer Design, including 15" and 10" interceptor sewer design to serve
500 acre residential development, Overland Park, KS
Mr. Young's Project Experience Includes:
For other firms:
Mr. Young was the project engineer on the first composite water tower in Kansas, constructed for the City of Emporia and the first municipal anaerobic
lagoon floating covers in Kansas, constructed at the Dodge City Wastewater Facility. Mr. Young was lead civil engineer on the nationally recognized 4.0 MG
Water Storage Facility in Hutchinson, KS and was the civil design engineer on a 1.0 million square foot addition to Boeing's Plant 2 Assembly Facility.
Registration and Professional Organizations:
• Licensed Professional Engineer - State of Kansas (#11315)
•Membership and participation in the National, Kansas and Wichita Professional Engineering Societies (1988 "Outstanding Young EIT"), Professional
Engineers in Private Practice, American Society of Civil Engineers, American Concrete Institute, Kansas Rural Water Association, and the American Water
YOUNG & ASSOCIATES, CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER’S, P.A. is an equal opportunity employer and is a registered professional association with the
Kansas State Board of Technical Professions and a member of the Wichita and Kansas Professional Engineering Societies and American Society of Civil Engineers.